The Lafayette Square neighborhood has so much to offer and the condo at 1515 Lafayette is at the heart of it all. Our listing (Unit #104) is located in the historic Georgian and offers the best of both worlds – the maintenance-free lifestyle of a condo + highly desirable PRIVATE outdoor space. Let’s take a look at the perks of this condo and the neighborhood.
ABOUT THE GEORGIAN
The first St. Louis City Hospital was built on the site of the Georgian Condominiums in 1846, but the original structure was completely destroyed by fire in 1856. A second hospital was quickly erected to take its place only to be destroyed by the ‘Great Cyclone” of 1896. Its third reincarnation was designed by famed architect Albert Groves, responsible for the Georgian revival style that survives today. The hospital closed permanently in 1985 and the site languished for nearly 20 ears. Developers began a major renovation to residential units which came onto the market in 2005. Now the converted mid-rise condo building features a pool, fitness center, observation deck and secured parking.
The Georgian is located on Lafayette between Truman Parkway and S. 14th Street. The condo has outstanding proximity to downtown and highways for easy commuting. A Cardinals baseball game or Blues hockey game is just a four-minute drive away. Lafayette Square Park is just a five minute walk, unless you stop to get ice cream from Clementine’s on the way.
PERKS OF UNIT 104 IN THE GEORGIAN
One of the unique features of this beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo is that it includes a PRIVATE expansive 3-sided TERRACE for exclusive use of this unit. The owner can enjoy the ease of condo living with tons of added outdoor living space for dining, entertaining, relaxing, and play.
The unit opens to an impressive gallery hallway with attractive lighting. Artist or art collectors could really make great use of this hallway. Details like leaded glass French doors and built-in niches provide character. A cozy ventless fireplace in living room is flanked with shelves. Extra tall and deep windows allow plenty of natural light – great for plants. Living areas are hardwood with a nice nice flow between living/dining/kitchen for entertaining. Breakfast bar seating, granite counters, stainless appliances, and under cabinet lighting. There is an ample master bedroom suite and a guest bedroom with fantastic built-in desk. Two parking spaces are available in a securely gated area. The condo fee includes heat, air, sewer, trash, water and snow removal. Walk to shopping, many restaurants, plus beautiful Lafayette Square Park. Easy access to downtown & all major highways. This unit is now priced at $199,000.
Lafayette Square Neighborhood Details
Lafayette Square Park
Lafayette Square Park is home to a fantastic summer concert series and movies in the park series. Gorgeous any time of the year, it is especially lovely in summer. You can catch vintage baseball clubs the Saint Louis Perfectos and the Lafayette Square Cyclones, teams that plays by the rules and customs of the 1860’s.
FOOD AND DRINK IN LAFAYETTE SQUARE
- Park Avenue Coffee will quickly become your spot. Known for their gooey butter cake.
- Pop is a sparkling bar and restaurant with a fun patio. Upstairs is Bailey’s Chocolate Bar.
- Polite Society offers familiar dishes with unexpected touches served in cozy but bustling space.
- SqWires has a fantastic brunch offering. Former Victorian factory space.
- 33 Wine Bar is a retail shop and intimate wine bar offering tastings, light fare and tables on a brick-accented patio.
- Mayo Ketchup is a fast casual eatery featuring Puerto Rican, Dominican and Cuban food.
- Square One Brewery and Distillery serves craft brews from restored historic building and outdoor beer garden.
- Planter’s House serves impressive hand-crafted cocktails from the cozy interior or the popular patio.
- ElevenEleven Mississippi is a long-time favorite bistro serving Californian cuisine with a wine emphasis in a stylish renovated-factory space.
More Favorite Spots of lafayette square
- Clementine’s Naughty & Nice Creamery specializes in handcrafted, all-natural, small batch ice cream. We’re fans of the Olive Oil & Lemon Verbena, but Gooey Butter Cake is their most popular flavor.
- Vin De Set is a warm bistro setting for Southern French fare and has an excellent rooftop bar with views of the Arch.
LAFAYETTE SQUARE RESOURCES
The Lafayette Square Website is an incredible resource that covers not just the rich history of the community, but has an event calendar and links to various groups and committees dedicated to preservation, conservation, commerce, and the arts in Lafayette Square.
Contact us if you have questions about the Lafayette Square neighborhood or visit our full Lafayette Square Neighborhood Guide online. If you are ready to tour the 104 unit at The Georgian, reach out to us. We’d be glad to answer any questions.