According to the 2019 National Association of Realtors Annual Home Buyers and Seller Report, 73% of home owners contact only one agent before listing their home.
Take Away: If you are going to interview only one agent, let it be us! And when you do call, make sure to put us through the wringer. We are confident that by the end our meeting you will know you are making the right choice. But please don’t stop there. You won’t know just how good we are until you compare us to our competition. Here are some interview questions to get you started.
- Are you a full time or part time agent?
- How many sellers are you representing now?
- Tell me why you chose your brokerage
- Can you explain the selling process to me?
- What are your sales stats?
- Can you help me buy my next house?
- How long have you been an agent?
- What is your level of education?
- Is your license in good standing?
- Have you ever received a complaint?
- What have you learned recently that surprised you?
- Do you have a website or blog?
- What is the overall market like?
- Are you familiar with the nuances of my particular area?
- How long do you think it will take my home to sell?
- How will you help me determine the list price of my home?
- At what price do you think my house will sell in the current market? Why?
Marketing and Advertising
- What is your Advertising and Marketing plan?
- What is your philosophy on open houses?
- How many photos will you take of my home?
- Who will take these photos?
- Do you create an individual property website for my house?
- On what additional websites will my home advertised?
The Listing Contract
- What is the duration of the listing contract?
- What percentage do you charge?
- Are they any additional fees?
- What are other possible closing fees?
- If I am unhappy with the service you are providing, how do we cancel the contract?
- Do you offer a design consultation so I know what to do to get my home ready?
- Do you have trusted contractors who can help me?
- How will I be notified of showing requests?
- How often will you communicate with me?
- Do you have a dedicated contract-to-close transaction coordinator?
- Why should I hire you instead of your competition?
- May I speak to some of your past clients?
- What haven’t I asked you that I need to know?
- How do we get started?
Give us a call. We’d love to answer these questions over a coffee or on the phone – whatever is convenient for you.