4025 Flora Place
St. Louis, MO 63110Map/Directions
Circa 1925: Lovely historic home on highly desirable Flora Place. Front porch is the perfect perch to enjoy the tree-lined parkway of this coveted street in Shaw neighborhood. Gorgeous arched windows in front add to curb appeal and provide tons of natural light in living room with unique built-in book hutches with stunning stained glass detail. They flank a cozy gas fireplace. Living room opens to a large dining room (seller’s table expand and they’ve accommodated up to 24 dinner guests). Great layout for entertaining. Pretty wood floors throughout. The kitchen has soapstone counters, hand-crafted marble/limestone backsplash and stainless appliances, including a dual fuel range with gas cooktop and double electric ovens. You can enjoy a breakfast room AND a sunroom room on this level as well. Note details throughout like the original hammered brass hardware, and the slip shade chandelier in the dining room. Impressive tiled powder room completes level. A pretty staircase leads to the 2nd floor with spacious owner’s bedroom ensuite featuring a cedar closet, walk-in, gorgeously tiled shower, dual vanity, and heated floors. Another large full bath services 3 more ample bedrooms. Smaller washer/dryer units on this floor augment the laundry in the basement. Beautiful backyard and huge 4 car brick garage that has water available. Lovingly gut rehabbed in 2010 (& it shows!) with new electric, CAT6, pex plumbing, gas and electric dual HE HVAC, tuckpointing, stucco, roof.
A thorough summary of all improvements made during the 2010-11 rehab is available at the home. Below are just some of the special features of this home:
- Unique eyebrow roof line enhances arched windows for maximum curb appeal.
- Alba glass frosted flame petals by Macbeth-Evans compliment stained glass doors on hutches flanking gas fireplace.
- Set the mood in the dining room with the “Princess” 6- light, slip shade chandelier (Mid-West Mfg, KS City) that has switch for all lights, only slip shades or only bottom shade.
- Original hammered brass hardware throughout first floor.
- Low maintenance soapstone counters kitchen and breakfast room.
- Hand-crafted Israeli marble/limestone backsplash in kitchen.
- All hardwoods were restored or replaced during renovation.
- Enjoy mornings with coffee in the sunny breakfast room with built-in bookshelves and desk area.
- 2nd floor small washer/dryer hookups supplement basement washer/dryer hookups.
- Low E window film throughout and R-31 attic insulation for increased energy efficiency.
- French doors open to 4 season sunroom that makes a perfect office or reading room.
- Mature low maintenance landscaping and a sprinkler system with backyard French drain
- Enjoy covered porch while people-watching on the parkway.
- Walk to tower Grove Park and Missouri Botanical Garden.