UPDATE: SOLD 10/13/18: 3401 Halliday should hit the market by September 21st. It sits on one of the prettiest blocks of Tower Grove East. This home has undisputed curb appeal with its wide front porch, leafy trees, and oval shaped windows. Sitting on a fenced corner lot, this home gets an abundance of natural light, making the inside feel warm and welcoming.
The newly refinished hardwood floors gleam and you will instantly notice the special details like the stained glass windows and the leaded glass built in bookcases that flank the fireplace in the living room.
Morning sunlight sparkles through plantation shutters over the window seat in the dining room. Get your creative juices flowing and consider all the options for this unique feature.
The kitchen has bright white cabinetry and butcher block counters. Off the kitchen is dreamy enclosed sun porch that begs for a rocker (and maybe a lazy cat or dog) where you can sip coffee or a cocktail while you enjoy the view of the large backyard. There is also a half bath on this floor. In the basement, a decorative fireplace with amazing raw rock/stonework could be the focal point of a really cool lounge.
Upstairs are three large bedrooms, all with more gleaming sunlight and hardwoods, and a large bathroom with original hexagon flooring and subway tile.
The Value of 3401 Halliday
When you look at comparable properties in Tower Grove East, this home offers a lot of value for its list price of $285,000. This home has great bones, is in move-in ready condition, and with your imagination and personal touches – could be a lovely home. Its Tower Grove East location is a ideal. Below is a deep dive into the neighborhood.
tower grove east LOCATION
The Tower Grove East neighborhood is bordered by Shenandoah Avenue to the north, Nebraska Avenue to the east, Gravois Avenue to the south, and south Grand Boulevard to the west. With access to Tower Grove Park, Compton Heights Reservoir, and the South Grand district, it offers fantastic walkability and maintains a very small neighborhood feel. Most streets are lined with mature trees and classic homes that will satisfy a variety of architecture buffs.
From Tower Grove East, you can easily walk or bike to these neighborhood spots in 10 minutes or less:
- 2 blocks / 4 minute walk to 289 acre Tower Grove Park. Walk to Farmer’s Market, Food Truck Fridays, Festivals, tennis courts, trails and more.
- Walk to neighborhood favorites like the Shaved Duck (3 minutes), Tick Tock Tavern/Steve’s Hot Dogs (4 minutes).
- Walk to South Grand favorites like Mokabees, Guerrilla Street Food, Rooster in 10 minutes or less.
- In neighboring Compton Heights and just a 10 minute walk are Crafted (great cocktails!) and Kitchen House Coffee (cozy & chickens in the back!).
- Public schools are less than a 10 minute walk – Shenandoah Elementary and Roosevelt High School. Eagle College Preparatory,an open enrollment public charter schools, is a 6 minute walk.
tower grove east Neighborhood Resources
- Tower Grove East has an active Neighborhood Association, founded in 1965.
- A community garden is at 3301 Sidney and events are held there throughout the year.
- The Carpenter branch of the St. Louis library and grocery shopping are less than a five minute drive.
3401 Halliday provides a great opportunity to buy into one of the most thriving neighborhoods of St. Louis. We are Tower Grove East experts – we’ve helped many buyers locate to this area and have sold many homes here over the last decade. Contact us with any questions about this wonderful neighborhood and home.